Friday, August 27, 2010

Nice Surprise

I was at home one day a couple of weeks ago and was busy blowing my hair dry after my shower when I thought I heard the doorbell. Hmmmm, who could that be at this time of day? With a couple of bright pink rollers in my hair and not a speck of make-up on my face I went to the front door expecting to tell a solicitor that "I wasn't interested! Thank you very much," and then continue on with my task of getting ready to go over to the kid's place to take up the babysitting task so AC could take a break.

I peeked through the glass in the front door and was given the nicest surprise I have had in a long time. There stood my two, dear, next-door neighbours from Sarnia. I used to babysit Ashley when she was a little munchkin, and here she was all grown up now standing on my doorstep with her dad. They were on a father-daughter trip to the Nation's capital before she starts university this fall and they stopped in to say hello before they made tracks back home to Sarnia. What a nice surprise!
I greeted them with the flaming pink rollers in my hair, visited for a bit, then sent them over to the kid's place to visit with AC while I ditched the rollers and fixed my face. I joined them a few minutes later, and we spent a delightful afternoon catching up on old times and learning about new times and the big adventure that Ashley will be taking this fall at school. Seems like just yesterday that I was babysitting her, and now here she is skipping off to university. Yikes!
Smudge was at nursery school so she missed out on the photo op, but Jboy was more than happy to pose for a pic or two.
Ah what sweet memories we share.
Wishing you all the best this year at school Ashley. Now, Deb and Jordan - it's your turn to visit!

No comments: