Sunday, August 08, 2010

Day 2 - Grand Falls to Woodstock

Dear dear folks who read my blog. I know these pictures are getting a bit tedious and multitudinous, so feel free to take a break for the next few days. As I said earlier I took over 1000 pics and even though I enjoy looking at them and reliving the memories, I know you must yawn and wonder when in the world I will get to the end of this. ZZZZZZ!

I will post many, many, many pics during the next few days, mostly so I can go back and look at them in some sort of order. If you want to come along, I would love to have you join me for the ride, but feel free to say no thank you and not stop for a cup of tea with me for the next little while.

My computer is broken. Sigh! The letter "l" is stuck and that makes for very interesting prose while typing I must say. Right now the ailing machine is sitting in the kid's basement waiting for a kind soul to look at it to see if he can fix it for me. I hope he gets to it soon because I feel lost without my own computer. In the meantime I am on another laptop, and while trying to access pictures I found a few left over from our stop at Grand Falls so will add them here, then continue on down the road to Woodstock. Hope you join me for the ride - zoom zoom!

There is still not much happenin' at the falls but we were glad we stopped to have a look around.
AC took a few pics...
and a kind soul offered to take our pic together. Easterners are so darn friendly.
AC wandered around taking more pics while I visited the gift shop.
Then it was time to hit the road and motor on down to Woodstock. The skies were sunny and blue, with interesting cloud patterns to add to the beauty.
The scenery was a treat for the eyes.
AC did a stellar job at the wheel...
while I took picture...
after picture...
after picture. I always had my eyes peeled for this particular beauty along the roadside!
After some wrong turns and unclear instructions from Prudence we arrived safely at the Tourist Information Centre at Woodstock.
As you have probably already guessed, Prudence is our friendly navigator inside our GPS. Our drive down East ten years ago gave us the name for this astute female guide. Yes, ten years ago while driving through Quebec and NB, we noticed signs with a picture of a moose on them advising us to "Drive with Prudence". We both laughed at the visual picture of us driving along with a Moose named Prudence in the back seat. Uh, huh, we were driving with Pru! We enjoyed our trip with her this year, as she got us safely through Montreal, and along many other confusing paths.

She lead us to the tourist information centre in Woodstock which was also a farmer's market. I don't think we would have ever stumbled upon this spot without Pru's guidance. It was in a most unlikely, out of the way location. Funny spot for a tourist centre, but we found it.
It was in such a pretty spot. Located at the confluence of the St John River and the Meduxnekeag River. A perfect spot for a picnic lunch.

After lunch I studied some maps...
soaked up some sun...
Then wandered around to take some pictures before setting off for St John. The St John River is on the left in this picture and the Meduxnekeag is to AC's right.

Beautiful huh?
OK, next stop St John.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I love these photo's of down home and am enjoying them very much.
Great picture of you and AC...Hugs

Cuppa said...

Bernie - your "down home" sure is a beautiful corner of the country. I took 1000 pics and I could have easily taken more. Yes, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Glad you are joining me for the ride. Buckle up, we are going to spend long days in the car, but it's going to be fun.