Monday, December 03, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Home sweet home.  We made it through our 10-day odyssey and are still standing....well...sort of.
We came home around 6pm last night, and I was in bed by 7:30!  Sheesh!  I thought I might be up in the middle of the night, but no, the alarm had to wake me this morning.  I slept like a log for the first time since our odyssey began.  I didn't seem to sleep deeply while at the kid's place because I was listening for the munchkins. 

It is starting out to be a very lazy day, and not much is on the agenda for the rest of the day either.  Time to re-group and re-fresh. 

I know that AC blogged a lot of pics here and on FB last week, but I fell sadly behind.  Here are a few from yesterday to help me get back into the groove.  Danica hosted a tea-party yesterday afternoon, and she was a very excited hostess. 
Yes, she was beaming during the whole party.
She poured the milky tea...
...added the milk and sugar...
and stirred in the sugar thoroughly.
What a grand celebrastion.
Amma certainly enjoyed her cuppa!
Later in the day she wanted to be a rock star, so a pretty dress, sparkly sweater and a dash of make-up were called for.
Rather than be a rock star, brother wanted to be a Super Hero.
He has the Super Hero poses down pat.
Mommy and Daddy arrived home safe and sound around dinner time.  JJ got his very own toy cruise ship, and Danica got a Cruise Barbie doll.  Both kids were excited with their gifts, but more excited to see M&D.
Danica is learning about the stages of Advent at School, so we bought her an Advent Candle ring, and we lit the first candle last night.   It was nice to be able to share that event with her last night.  She had us singing songs, and repeating "Advent Lessons", just like she does at school.  Sweet, sweet memories indeed.

No comments: