Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lions, Bunnies and Hyacinths

Oh dear, we were walloped with another huge snow storm yesterday. Sigh! When we looked out the window first thing in the morning, we saw we had such a gigantic snow drift outside the front door we couldn't get the door open. Thank goodness we could exit through the garage and tackle the drift from the outside. Problem with that was, AC is still suffering the after effects of a back spasm so shouldn't go anywhere near a snow shovel. Nice Neighbour Lady came to the rescue once again and cleared walk and drive for us. What an angel she is.

The Lion is roaring so loudly these days, I needed to add some ammunition to my arsenal to fight his assault on my spirit. The Smudge's smile is my first line of defense, but this is my second...

If you have two loaves of bread, sell one and buy a hyacinth to fed your soul.

I cannot recommend doing this highly enough. In the middle of a huge March snowstorm the fragrance of Spring that these little beauties bring into the house is priceless.

And this is my third...
A few little items from the Dollar Store add the feeling and colour of Spring to nook and crannies inside while the snow fills nooks and crannies outside.

The Lion is on the prowl right now, but I hear the faint bleating of the Lamb off in the distance, and his gentle spirit will win in the end. Spring IS just around the corner. It is! Hang on!

No comments: