Friday, December 23, 2005

Turkey and treats

Today is the day I cook the turkey. We won't have our big meal until Christmas day, but I cook the turkey and stuffing today and then we will just reheat it on the 25th. This way, the oven is free on Christmas day to cook the Christmas morning strata, and after that all the veggie casseroles. I feel like I need two or three ovens to get everything cooked at the same time, but seeing as I don't have that, I do the next best thing and spread things out over two or three days. You have to do what works – right?

So, old Tom went in the oven around 10am and will come out later this afternoon. Lady Bug and Power Puff arrive home later this evening and we will all go to Butterfly's house for a sleep over tomorrow night. Yahoo, let the fun and games begin.



Here is today's Advent update. Another Cherry Blossom was my treat for today, and the girls got bells and this quote and note -

"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
Diane Ackerman

Spread out today and widen your scope of vision. Look in the corners of life and enjoy the hidden beauty there. Take time to be everywhere you are!

2 comments:

Dale said...

Merry Christmas, Cuppa. I fear if I keep eating every Christmas treat I'm offered, I'll be increasing the "width" of my Life as well. Yes, indeed. I'll be spreading out and widening, this Christmas! LOL!

Sue said...

This year for the first time we also cooked the turkey early (on Christmas Eve), then carved it neatly and reheated on Christmas Day. The reason was so we could also make roast potatoes for Christmas lunch, as we have quite a small oven. But it had the added benefits that there was no getting up ultra-early on Christmas Day to put it in the oven, no worry about whether it would be properly cooked in time, and no waiting around for carving while the food got cold. Definitely a much easier way of making roast turkey, and something we'll be repeating in future.