Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sugar Cookies and Pots of Gold

I don't have time to write much of a blog this morning, but I wanted to take a minute to post a picture for the crowds of you waiting to see what I will open next.



Ahh, Pot of Gold Chocolates, and the song lyric "There's a feeling of Christmas".

Don't know about you, but when I was growing up we very seldom had dessert at our house, and if we did, it might be a sprinkling of brown sugar on a piece of bread. If a box of chocolates came into our house, it was an event to be ooohed and awwwhed over and we knew it was an extra special day if the chocolates happened to be "Pot of Gold". Christmas was about the only time a delicacy like this might find its way to our door, so this little "Pot of Gold" did bring the feeling of my childhood Christmases with it today. Thanks Butterfly.

It kind of ties in with the "quote and note" I sent to the girls today too. I put a peppermint in as the treat for them to bring back the taste of a Candy Cane and all the cool memories of snow and Christmas that comes with it. I looked all over for tiny Candy Canes when I was putting the Calendars together but couldn't find them so had to settle for the taste.

"I am younger each year at the first snow. When I see it, suddenly, in the air, all little and white and moving, then I am in love again and very young and I believe everything." Anne Sexton

Oh how wonderful. Do you remember that feeling of excitement at the first snow fall? Take time to go back in your mind and capture that feeling and take it with you through each step of today.

Must run now, I am off to make sugar cookies at Butterfly's house today. I used to do this with the girls every year when they were little, but I haven't done it for years now. Butterfly thought it would be fun to get together for a day and give it a whirl again, so today is the day. I will take some pictures and fill you in on the details tomorrow.

I hope you feel young at heart today and enjoy some happy childhood memories even if you don't have a fresh snowfall or the taste of peppermint to kickstart those memories. Talk to you all later.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Lovely, Cuppa, thanks for sharing.

I just made some sugar cookies the other day with Mr. Personality. He loves to cook!

Between the cooking and the tools, I am either going to have a chef or an engineer on my hands! :)

methatiam said...

I've been in the desert for almost 30 years, I can't even remember snow!
I do miss it, though
- I think.