Friday, December 02, 2005

Snow and snowmen showed up this morning…

Wash Lady and Iona asked me to continue to share my advent calendar this month, so I will try to post a picture and short note each day. Fun huh?

I saw snow falling gently outside the window when I opened the curtains this morning. Oh joy. I love to wake up to snow now that we don't have to head out into the early morning traffic in it. It is one of the many joys of retirement not to have to scrape the car and shovel the drive in order to face a commute to work on a snowy morning.

After checking out the weather, I wrapped myself in my robe and padded down to the kitchen for my first cup of coffee and a visit to the Advent calendar.


Hmmmmmm? What could this be? I knew what it was as soon as I saw it let alone put a finger on it. Can you guess what it is just from the shape of the parcel?


Yep! A Christmas mug. Something festive to put my morning coffee in this month. I had snow outside the window and snowmen on my new mug. How neat. The little note with song lyrics on it said "dressed in holiday style" Yes, the snowmen on the mug were dressed in holiday style and I must hunt up my candy cane earrings to wear today.

AC opened the other quote and treat, (A chocolate kiss) –

"All the great blessings in my life are present in my thoughts to-day."
Phoebe Cary

Take time to stop and count your blessings today and fill your thoughts with these good things.

So dear blogging friends, find something festive to wear today and as you count your blessing may they add a sweet taste to your day.

No comments: