Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Kindle a fire

Another busy day here at my house, so the Advent update is last minute again. Puff, pant, gasp, here it is just in the nick of time. Whew!



I got this cute little Life Saver gift package and the girls got Chocolate kisses and this quote and note -

"If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it."

Lucy Larcom

Think of the wood fire at Riverwood. It takes some planning and preparation to build it and get it going, but oh the warmth, beauty and joy as we gather round the fire together. You can build it alone, but all those near you will benefit from it. Kindle a fire right where you are today and add some warmth to your life and those around you.

Don't know what the temperature is where you are today, but if you are feeling the cold – emotional or physical – be a life saver and kindle a fire to warm up the corner where you are.

1 comment:

Dora said...

Ohh, what a wonderful memory you just initiated with me. Those Lifesaver books were part of my childhood Christmas. I can't find them anywhere here where I live. I went to several stores while I was at my mom's house these past few days and can't find them there either. Oh well :(
These books were one of my favorite parts of what Santa would bring. Thanks :)