Friday, May 23, 2014

Willow Tree

For some reason Willow Tree ornaments really appeal to me.  They are so simple, yet express a ton of emotion. 
This little figurine was the first one I received.  It was a gift for my birthday a few years ago, and it makes me smile every time I look at her.  Happiness indeed.
During the spring a summer months she sits beside this little lamp in the dining room, and brightens the corner where she is.
This was the second grouping I received as a gift, and it is titled "With my Grandmother".  It sits on a small table in the upstairs hall, beside a book Sha gave me to announce that she was pregnant with Danica.  Memories dance and twirl all around every time I pass by that table.  Sweet, sweet memories indeed.

This is the latest addition to my collection - a 45th Wedding Anniversary gift.  I haven't found the perfect spot for it yet, so for now it sits on the dining room table beside the card from Sha and family.  The figurine is titled  
"Love ever endures"  I agree, 45 years and counting!


3 comments:

Bernie said...

I love them as well Sue. I only have 3 but they are gifts from friends so are very special to me. xo

Andrea said...

So lovely. What special and thoughtful gifts.

Jinksy said...

And the fancy crochet works sets them off to perfection. :-)