Monday, July 23, 2012

Passed her swimming class with flying colours

The munchkin had her surgery last Thursday, but leading up to that day, we kept both kids busier than busy at swimming classes, picnics in the park, water play at the river, and afternoon's spent splashing in the neighbour's pool.  After the busy-ness of the days leading up to the surgery, and the trauma to this old Granny's heart on the day of the surgery and the few tough days following, I was one poopdicated Granny on Saturday.

I spent most of the day on Saturday just sitting and staring into space.  I didn't read, didn't work on any projects, and didn't budge from my comfy chair on the porch except to refill my teacup.  I looked at the garden, watched the birds in the bird bath, and counted clouds floating by.  That was the extent of my energy.    

The Smudgster was up and ready to bounce and dance on Sunday, and Mommy was finding it very difficult to keep her quiet like the doctor ordered.  Amma on the other hand wasn't ready to dance, but did feel a bit more energetic today.   Onward and forward into a week of trying to keep the Smudge restrained.  I think we will have our work cut out for us.  She is sooooo full of energy that one is.   

I have a few pictures in waiting of events leading up to surgery day last week, so will post some of them for the next few days, and hope to have more new ones for you at the end of the week.

Smudge was very pleased to pass her swimming test, so we took her out for an ice cream treat to celebrate.  She looks pleased doesn't she? 

No comments: