Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Ahh, this is the gift that warms my heart and brings me joy not only today, but every morning when I putter down the stairs to the kitchen for my morning coffee: a corner of my cozy nest all lit up in the morning sunlight.
Not only is the room full of sunlight, but bright memories too. I see my mom's dinning room set, AC's mom's teacup cabinet, silverware chest and Tiffany lamp; a treasured tea set from D2 and a cherished figurine from D1. Smudge's little tea set is all ready for her on the tea cart too.
Inside the china cabinet I can see special gifts received from friends over the years, and a china doll that once belonged to my Grandmother, given to me by a dear aunt. All gifts of the heart!

I hope you find gifts of the heart tucked into corners of your house today too, and you have a Happy Valentine's Day full of warm memories.

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Interesting, I was looking at some of those very things today. Yours are prettier. thanks a lot!