Thursday, August 07, 2008

Calm Day

Yesterday Grandpa was away at one of his violin sessions so Smudge and Grandma enjoyed the day together. I must say it was much nicer than the last time - Poor Baby.

We walked to the park and I didn't once have to think about rising temps, swelling face, or spreading infection. Ahhhh, a much better day by far.

I had to plan my route carefully to avoid the dock area because Grandpa wasn't there to hold onto the Smudge, and be ready to jump in if Smudge toppled in. He is a strong swimmer. I am NOT! I wasn't going anywhere near the water's edge without Grandpa that was for sure! I don't mind watching a baby paddle around the beach, but the dock area has deeper water and makes me nervous, to say the least.

I didn't go near the dock end of the park and we had a very pleasant walk. Smudge was distracted by her dandelions, and held onto them tightly for the whole walk. I drank in the beauty of this most calm and peaceful day, and thanked the powers that be, once again, that we avoided that speeding car the other night.

Enjoy your day, I know I will.

No comments: