Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Heavens are crying too.

I awoke to the sounds of rain this morning and it reflected my feelings perfectly. My first thought was “Oh the heavens are crying too!” I am so sad and feel such sorrow for Karla and Mark that my heart is breaking for them. God help them and comfort them today.

I feel so helpless and don’t really know what to do or say because I haven’t walked in their shoes. I don’t know what it is like to lose a child after carrying her for nine months and only holding her for seven short hours.

As I sit here thinking about Karla this morning I am reminded of this story I heard years ago.

A young mother was busy doing her housework when she noticed her little daughter and her friend sitting out on the patio crying. She went to the door and asked them what was wrong. Her daughter turned to her with tears streaming down her face and said, “Mary’s dolly is broken and that makes her sad. I can’t fix her dolly or make it better, so I am just sitting here helping her cry.”

Oh Karla, I can’t fix it, make it better, or take your pain away, but I can sit here beside you and help you cry.

Love, hugs and tears! Cuppa

1 comment:

Renee said...

I will help her cry today as well:-(