Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Daffodils

Wow! What a difference a day makes!!!!

On Sunday I thought the daffodils were down for the count for sure and we wouldn't see them again until next year. Yesterday we had a brief visit from the sun and although the visit was short and cool, it made the air warm enough to melt the snow and revive the old yellow heads just a tad.

I got up this morning and was shocked to see the whole bank of flowers completely revived and soaking up a gentle spring rain. Isn't nature grand?

The storms pass, they always do.

Sunday April 24th


Tuesday April 26

5 comments:

Dora said...

Cuppa,
Ya know people are like those daffodils - it just takes a little longer for us to bounce back.
What is it about flowers and flowerbeds that make us feel so good when they are in bloom and so beautiful?

Cuppa said...

Katt
We are getting rain this week too and the daff's seem to love it.

Wash Lady
I don't know what it is about gardens, but they sure do lift the spirit don't they? I can see why the Canadian Cancer Society chose a daffodil to be the flower to represent them. Those delicate flowers are so strong and they take such a beating during their short lives. April winds and rain and SNOW dump on them, but they withstand the storms and lift their heads to the least little bit of sunshine. Truly amazing and inspiring.

Iona said...

Wow, drastic change in scenery. I'd prefer the lower one. Nice and colourful!

methatiam said...

I haven’t seen snow like that in more than 20 years, and I’d forgotten how green grass can get.

Norma said...

I think we've had the same weather pattern, and although everything was covered with snow a week ago, I've never seen the spring flowers prettier. They seem to just brush it off.