Saturday, May 14, 2005

House Hunting




As I sat in the family room this morning enjoying my first cup of coffee I noticed that the birds were busy checking out the real estate in our backyard. AC ran for his camera and caught these prospective buyers chatting on the front porch about the pros and cons of this house. I wonder what they were saying to each other. I think I heard one of them say "I like the garden. Do you like the kitchen?"

Check out AC's post for a picture of the pair checking out another house on the same street.

The antics of this feathered duo really brightened a rather dull rainy morning for me. I am so glad I took the time to sit quietly and look outside for a few minutes before I charged ahead into my day.

"Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers.
R. W. Emerson

Open your eyes wide as you walk through your meadow today and see all the "flowers" there.

6 comments:

Iona said...

Cool! So sweet. You did a great job with painting, it almost looks like a printed picture.
I also bet the bird were chatting about all the improvements, on their house as well as yours!

Iona said...

Oh, and by the way. I also saw PLENTY of flowers today. Literally and figuratively!

k8 said...

just found your blog thru your daughter's -love it.

Lynn said...

A vary handsome home for somebody.

Thanks for not calling me copy cat!

Heather Plett said...

Love it! Wish my own home had so much whimsy :-)

Lynn said...

The atmosphere must be clear for telepathic vibes today because I was thinking of Alain de Botton's "How Proust Can Change Your Life" when I saw your comment. I am making a trip to the library today, so I'll check the on-line card catalogue for "The Proust Project" before I go. If they have it on the shelf, I'm definitely going to pick it up. I recommend the de Botton book. It's a fun little read for Proust fans.