Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Beauty in the eye of the beholder

Dandelions-by-lake


Things are busy around here getting ready for our holiday next week, but we took time out to soak in some sunshine today and take a 60k ride out to the lake. What a windy, wonderful ride!

We enjoyed our coffee here by the lake, and just had to take this picture for Heather. Your dad was right, they really are pretty.

How many ravishing things whose innocent beauty astounds us owe their existence to greed, fear or vainglory or guilt?
W.H.Auden

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Cuppa,

I am glad you are enjoying the de Botton Proust book. I've read it a couple of times. Alain de Botton wrote another book I have read a couple of times called "The Consolations of Philosophy". The philosophy snobs trashed it, but I found it a thoroughly enjoyable and engaging book about everyday philosophy.

Have fun on your vacation!

Heather Plett said...

Thanks for this, Cuppa! What a lovely bright spot in my otherwise grey morning! You've inspired me - I may have to dig out the camera and take some dandelion pictures myself!

ccap said...

Positively lovely!

Iona said...

Oh, love the colors! I wish I was there...