Saturday, March 19, 2005

Toil and Spin

Well, I have been walking clockwise and counter-clockwise all week and not making much progress no matter which way I head. Some weeks are like that aren't they?

We had company last weekend, overnight company arrives today, next week daughter #1 comes for a five day visit, and daughter #2 comes for the weekend, so the old laptop might not get much lap time in the next little while.

I haven't had both girls home for a visit at the same time in a looooong while and am really looking forward to it. Our little house bursts at the seams, and our quiet world gets turned upside down for a few days when they are home together. Laughter reigns supreme! We have late night cups of tea and chats, games of TP and Wizard, the phone rings off the hook and the front door might as well be a revolving one with people coming and going at all hours. What fun! It is also my birthday next weekend, so we will have birthday cake and presents and maybe even a balloon or two. Total fun indeed!

I hope you all have a good week and a warm holiday with family and friends next weekend too. I will talk to you all when things get back to normal around here.

Happiness, that grand mistress of the ceremonies in the dance of life, impels us through all its mazes and meanderings, but leads none of us by the same route.
Charles Colton

Clockwise or counter-clockwise, enjoy the route you walk this week!

9 comments:

Cuppa said...

Thanks Katt! Enjoy your holiday!

Cuppa said...

Butterfly - Oh I know! Isn't it exciting?

Toni said...

Have happy birthday and a fun time with your daughters!

Dora said...

I have to say in my own small way that I am envious of the time that you'll all spend together.

Wish I had a mom to go home to like that - and do fun things with.
I hope your girls know how lucky and blessed they are to have what they have. My guess is that they do.
Happy Birthday!

karla said...

Have a wonderful week Cuppa!
Happy Birthday!

Iona said...

Hi Cuppa,

Happy Birthday and I hope you'll have a wonderful time!!!

My sister's birthday is also next weekend. Perhaps your birthday is on the same day? The 27th?

Have a great time. I hope everything will turn out the way you had in mind! ;)

mrhaney said...

sounds like your in for a good time. have fun and come back and post when you have time.

mrhaney said...

oh i almost forgot. have a very happy birthday.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That sounds like visits I have with MY Mom! Happy Birthday, and have a wonderful time enjoying your family!