Friday, June 03, 2011

The New Garbage Man

It's a big deal around the kid's house when the garbage truck pulls up outside. We all gather at the window and wave. The garbage man now looks for us and toots the loud horn on the truck, puts the truck through it paces and waves an enthusiastic good-bye when it is time to move on to the next house. The kids love it.

JJ came up to me the other day and said "I'm a garbage man Amma." I said OK, go collect some garbage. He got the pails out of the sand box and started carting them around the back yard from swing to sand box to play house. He gathered grass or gravel at each location and carted it around on a little truck. When I next looked down at him, he was changing his hat for one of the buckets...
and happily wore is around while he did his garbage collecting chores.
Here he is trying to put one of the pails on the toy lawnmower, so he could push it around the yard.
He kept up this game for quite a while. He came up to the side door a little later and I said "Hello Mr Garbage man." He looked at me and pointed to his chest and said rather emphatically "I'm JJ Amma!" Hmm, I guess the game was over.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Gosh he is so cute and I love how he amuses himself....most kids today want adults or someone else to play with them unable to entertain themselves which I know grandparents don't mind anyway.
......:-)Hugs

Lorna said...

i could use the services of a pail-headed garbageman---just finished a family birthday party. Everybody helped to clean up but I know I'm going to find something unusual somewhere unusual.