Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Memories - May 2009

We are home from our weekend away, and had a wonderful time. We had a couple of cold blustery days, but this particular morning at the Willow Place Inn dawned sunny and warm so we headed down to the water's edge after breakfast. What a peaceful spot to soak in the beauty of the day. I commented to AC that the coffee was exceptionally good at breakfast and another cup sure would taste good whilst I was sitting down here by the water. "They really should have wait staff that will come down here to serve us drinks" I said in a joking manner.

A few minutes later AC set off to the car to get something, but I stayed put to lap up the peace and calm of the morning, while listening to the water lap against the shore. Not even the lure of an extra cup of coffee would get me to move from this spot right at that moment.

As I sat there, time passed and I wondered where AC had gone. He could have been down to the car and back a number of times by now. Where was he? Soon I saw him coming across the huge lawn towards me with a mug of coffee in his hand. He had gone on a merry chase around the building for that cup of coffee and it tasted all the sweeter because of that. I think this will be remembered as one of the most delicious cups of coffee I have ever had. One other one being a cup of coffee sipped in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta. This cup was a close second, maybe even a tie for first!
Later in the day AC and I enjoyed another most delicious cup of coffee at Montebello.
As beautiful as this chateau was, I much preferred the quiet grandeur of the shadow of the mountain in Alberta, or the water's edge at the Willow Inn. Give me the great outdoors over the magnificent indoors any day!

No comments: