Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not quite sure!

I thought Smudge would have fun making footprints in the light dusting of snow on the side deck. Nope! she took a few tentative steps out the door and stood stock still, just looking at the ground. She didn't seem to like the squeaking sound the snow made under foot.

I had to get a shovel and clear a path to the front door of her little house before she would take another step. Once the snow was cleared away, she puttered around on the deck and stayed outside for almost a half hour playing by herself. Oh joy. The fresh air is so good for her, and it is good for her to play on her own too. I didn't get a thing done inside the house though because I was afraid to loose sight of her for any length of time. As long as she was chattering, and banging around I was fine, but when things went silent I had to go to the door to check things out. Needless to say I spent the half hour like a jack-in-the-box, up down, up down, up down, and back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, to the door. It was quite the work-out for both of us.

We are heading off early tomorrow morning for a visit to Toronto, so things will be pretty silent on the blog for the next few days. Will talk to you all when we get back next week. Have a good weekend.

No comments: