Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Do you hear that?

It is the sound of a great big thank you ringing out across blogdom to you, my dear blogging buddies, for all of your warm wishes and notes of congratulation. They say that "Joy shared is doubled", well mine has been expanded beyond measure by sharing it with all of you and getting so much response.

Each day since the 19th I thought I would find time to visit your blogs and post a comment or two here and there, but days and nights have all run together and drifted into the history books in a bit of a blur. Once pictures were posted for the Aunties I ran out of time and steam to write a blog, read yours or make comments. Sigh! One busy but exciting day has followed the next and I have had to move my feet as fast as I can just to keep up. Total, total, total fun though! Little Smudge is the most amazing baby – really! She is THE BEST! How awesome that such a little bundle can change our whole world and make it tilt on its axis.

I can't even begin to put my thoughts and feelings into words. Birth is such a miracle. An absolute miracle! In the blink of an eye the baby emerges from the birth canal, takes her first breath, and a new life begins. I stand in awe!

Oh goodness, we are just about to head out the door to see the new little family this morning and offer to do some expert rocking while mom and dad get a couple more hours sleep. I am lovin' this!

I will try to post a couple of pictures for you Aunties soon. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I just can't imagine your joy - but, I like to try :0)

Granny said...

Just caught up with all your photos.

Love the hockey uniform and all that hair.