Sunday, January 07, 2007

December Roses



Benmar gave us this cute pair and I just had to take a picture before I tucked them away in a storage box until next Christmas. Thanks Benmar I love them. Don't know if you can see them clearly, but the male has antlers and the female has her ears tied in a bow. Too cute!

I have been up to my ears in packing boxes and storage totes this week, putting Christmas decorations away. Sure isn't as much fun as putting them out, but I do relive all the happy times of the season when I take everything down, and I really enjoy that time of reflection. If a decoration was a gift, I have boxes marked with the person's name and date received. As each trinket goes back into the box I take a delightful walk down memory lane with that person.

"God has given us our memories that we might have roses in December.”
J.M. Barrie

Time marches on, children grow up, friends move away or pass on and I enjoy the fragrant roses of December each time I pack up the Christmas decorations in January.

When this pair goes into their box this year, memories of line dancing at Riverwood and walks in the Byward Market will go with them.

Gather a bunch of December Rose memories close to you today and enjoy the rich fragrance during the cold days of January.

4 comments:

Mary said...

you're the sweetest!

we've had such a wonderful journey....can't wait for the many more to come!

happiest of happy new years! this one is sure to bring much happiness, i'm sure.

thanks for a wonderful post.

sending much love your way.

Anonymous said...

they are really cute! it is true that putting up the decor is so much more fun than taking it down. :)

"God has given us our memories that we might have roses in December.”

beautiful quote! today we took some pictures. Our neighbors who has lived in long beach for 39 years is moving next week. *sigh* Wonderful neighbors and friend. we will miss them very much. We will have the memories.



Thanks for mentioning the question mark on my blog today. LOL you should of questioned me about it...lol oh well... sorry for the confusion.

Gina said...

Those are very, very cute!

Anonymous said...

Cuppa - I'd missed this post. I wonder if it's my age or the dark weather or the fact of my son's leaving - I found the ornament packing a little painful and I took less time than I should have. I thank you for the gentle reminder of the times that were a bit more sparkly. The saying about ' . . roses in December" - so lovely.