Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Update

Things are moving into high gear here and I am operating in a state of cardboard high alert! I swing from feeling like I don't have enough boxes and pieces of packing paper one moment, to feeling like I have too many the next. One day I sail along secure in the knowledge that I am doing ok and will be ready for the movers no sweat, but the very next day I am sure I will never be ready on time.

I am still having trouble getting things to co-operate and get into boxes together. Why can't they all just get along and go peacefully and neatly into the boxes I picked for them? Oh no, they are a half inch too long or wide and insist on fitting where they don’t belong and then make that box too heavy, or do damage to other stuff in the box. I wonder if the Creator of the Universe feels like this some days and would like to yell at us and tell us to "just get along!"?

I have been trying to get back to my laptop to finish writing "The Black Hole Part II" but other things keep taking me away from my task. Just thought I would let you know I haven't forgotten about it, and hope to post it soon.

Must run now, the day dawned sunny and cool and the bike trails beckon. A nice ride in the sunshine should clear my head of the cardboard fumes and give me energy to continue on with my tasks.

Talk to you later.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Or, a la Seinfeld, "Serenity Now!"

How exciting, though, that the move is not far away. :)

methatiam said...

Look at it this way; if you are swinging from “falling behind” one minute and “racing forward” the next, it means, on average, you’re thinking you’re right on schedule.

Cuppa said...

Gina - yes it is sooooo exciting, but "Serenity Now!" is what I need. 12 more days.

Methatiam - Yahoo! That's right.

Katt - Glad you got a chuckle out of it.

I did enjoy the bike ride on this most perfect bike riding day. No humidity and clear blue skies were our companions for the whole ride. What a treat. The fresh air cleared my head of all the cardboard fumes, so the "high alert" status has been lowered for now.

I just might survive this move.