Monday, January 10, 2005

Let the Sun shine…

The sun seemed to have lots of trouble getting out of bed this morning, and I could relate to the ole guy perfectly. I had to drag my sleepy body out from between the warm covers too, and then I had to fight with myself not to go back to bed again, to enjoy 40 more winks! After all, the sun did just that after showing his face for only about ten minutes this morning. Yes, the lazy old guy crawled back under his cloud covers and hasn’t poked his nose out since.

Oh well, we would just have to make our own sunshine today and be content with that. Ahh, that first cup of coffee always does wonders to brighten any day, and today was no exception. MMMM good. Time spent writing seemed to add a few more rays to the day, and then we went out to feed the birds and go for a walk.
Wow, we almost needed sunglasses by this point. The sun was still under his cloud covers, but we were making our own sunshine and it was brilliant.

I hope that you were able to make the sun shine wherever you were today too, and you basked in the glow of it.

Here dies another day
During which I have had eyes, ears, hands
and the great world round me;
And with tomorrow begins another.
Why am I allowed two?

GK Chesterton.


No comments: