Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Take Note!

I woke up to brilliant sunshine and cold cold temps this morning. BRRRRR. I had to get up and put an extra blanket on the bed last night too. Yes, winter is tightening its grip and things are getting a tad chilly in these parts. I do love winter though and will try not to complain too much about the cold weather. I would like more snow though.

Today will be another busy day for us. Neighbours are coming in this afternoon for a cup of Christmas Tea and a fancy cookie, and then the kids are coming over for dinner tonight. After dinner we will bundle up, grab steaming mugs of hot chocolate and set off for Ottawa to tour the city and see the Christmas lights on Parliament Hill and other interesting places. Yep, a busy but fun day ahead.

I started the day off right and enjoyed opening my Advent Calendar and will now share it quickly with you before I head into the rest of my day.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was in this parcel. All the poking and prodding didn't help a bit. It was hard in places and squishy in others, flat and bumpy, all at the same time. What could it be?



I never would have guessed matching snowmen note pads, but that is what was waiting inside the wrapping this morning. The covers are quite elaborate and even look like stop lights to go with the song lyric.

The girls got chocolate and this quote today -

"If your efforts are sometimes greeted with indifference, don't lose heart. The sun puts on a wonderful show at daybreak, yet most of the people in the audience go on sleeping." Ada Teixeira

Try waking up real early one morning this month to greet the dawn with a round of applause.

What the heck, better late than never. Take a minute to give the day a round of applause right now. Go ahead. Clap, clap, clap, clap, calp,clap, clap!!!! There, didn't that feel good?

No comments: