Friday, December 09, 2005

Hair Raising Experience.

Well ladies, I had to pluck up my courage today and just do it. I have been putting it off and putting it off since we moved here in September, and it was getting to be quite a problem. So today was the day to take the bull by the horns and take action. I have had this date marked on the calendar for a few weeks now, and every time I would see the appointment written in red ink under the number nine I would quake just a little and have this inner dialogue with myself - Maybe I should cancel the appointment and wait a few more weeks. No, don't be silly, you have to do it sometime, so just brave it out and go do it. Maybe I should ask more questions, and look around more before I take this step into the unknown... and on and on it went.

Today dawned snowy and cold, and I thought maybe the roads would be closed and I would be forced to stay at home. Well, I could always hope. No such luck, the roads were fine, so I wasn't given a reprieve. I made my coffee as I listen to the road reports and traffic was moving just fine. Drat!

I still had two hours before I had to leave, so I could enjoy my coffee, open the Advent Calendar, read the paper on-line, check my mail and maybe even read a couple of blogs before I had to go and face the music.

As soon as the coffee was ready I poured a big steaming mug and then ventured over to the Advent Calendar to see what was waiting for me there. I shook and pinched the parcel, but couldn't figure out what it was. I was delighted to find a set of Holiday wine glass charms tucked inside the wrapping paper, along with the song lyric Silver Bells.



Pretty huh? I would sure be ringing those Silver Bells once I knew what would happen at my appointment and had the traumatic experience behind me. Maybe I would even celebrate with a chilled glass of white wine.

The girls got bracelets with power messages on them like this yellow "Livestrong" bracelet from Lance Armstrong.. The girls got different coloured ones with "Strength" and "Power" written on them and this quote accompanied them.

"It doesn't so much matter what one loves. To love is the transfiguring thing."

Spread the love around today. Do something special and out of the ordinary for someone today.


There is power in the simple act of loving and showing it isn't there.

I put my Livestrong bracelet on, picked up my strong creamy coffee and headed upstairs to check my mail and read the morning paper before I headed out "into the lion's den"

I left the house around 9:30 and I said to AC I felt like I was going to the dentist instead of where I was going. I am sure it would be easier and less traumatic than this!!! Oh well, I had been putting it off for as long as I could, and it just had to be done, so I bundled up and headed out the door.

Have you guessed by now where I was going? It is getting late and this is turning into a rather long post, so maybe I will just end this here and pick it up again tomorrow. Stay tuned. I have to go rest now after my rather traumatic day.

3 comments:

Dora said...

Well my guess is that you either went to a new hairdresser...or went for a female/gyno exam, LOL

they both can be traumatic in a new place.....heck, they can be traumatic in a familiar place.

Gina said...

Oh my! It's got to be the salon! I want to know what happened next!

Cuppa said...

Wash Lady and Gina - Yep, you got it, a new hairdresser. Far more traumatic than the gyno exam. As traumatic as that is, at least it is over in a minute or two. A bad hair cut you have to live with for months.