Thursday, December 08, 2005

Magic and Cherry Blossoms

Goodness this is a busy time of year. I ran out of time to post my Advent surprise yesterday, so I will give you a two day update today.

We went into the big city yesterday morning to visit Butterfly's nature trail near her work. I still find it hard to believe that we have such nature trails right in the middle of the nation's capital, but we do. We were on busy city streets one minute and in the middle of the snowy woods the next. Simply fantastic! We took lots of pictures and I hope to get a post written about that soon. But for now, here is a peek at what I found in the Advent calendar yesterday and today.



Cute little pate knives and the song lyric "Meeting smile after smile" were tucked inside the wrapping for me on day seven, and the girls got a Santa stamp to add some magic to plain pieces of paper, along with the following quote and note.

"I am sure there is magic in everything, only we have not sense enough to get hold of it and make it do things for us." Frances Hodgson Burnett

This season above all others is full of magic. Grab hold and don't let go.

I hope you out there in blogland feel the magic in the air these days too and you put it to work for you.

This morning (day eight)rolled around before I was ready for it. The temperature took a nose dive last night and the house was cold, cold, cold when I woke up and the bed was warm, warm, warm! I had a hard time rolling out of my cozy cocoon and putting my feet on the cold hard floor, but I eventually did just that and headed into my day. BRRRRR!

Coffee was first thing on the agenda, then the Advent Calendar. Yum, I found a nice warm treat there and once again it fit in with the quote I gave the girls today.




"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever."
Mary Jo Putney

Ahh those childhood memories of this special time of year. See if you can't recapture that feeling today and take it with you wherever you go.

I don't know if you have these candies in your neck of the woods, but these really speak to me of my childhood, and I still love them. We had a small corner store near our house and if I had a dime to splurge on something decadent it would be a Cherry Blossom. I am sure they were much bigger when I was kid though.

MMMMM, I will indulge in this with my afternoon tea and recapture that feeling of childhood as I do.

2 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Yeah, I'm SURE they were bigger when we were kids! :-) What a rare and wonderful treat they were. You are blessed.

methatiam said...

I know what you mean by cold! Why last night it got down to almost 45, and I doubt that today's high is going to go much past 70(F).
Brrr! Bring a parka!
(Just had to rub it in a little)
;0}