Monday, December 12, 2005

Snowmen and Blankets

We have a fresh blanket of snow on the ground today and the sunshine is having a party playing on the surface of it. How beautiful. This fluffy white blanket from Mother Nature's linen closet is my favourite one. I don't mind the patchwork quilt comforter full of colours that she spreads out over the land in autumn, but the cool winter white blanket is my favourite by far.

After I crawled out from under my own snug blankets on the bed this morning, and admired Mother Nature's just outside the window I ventured down to the kitchen to see what was in the advent calendar for today.


Tucked inside a festive blanket of wrapping paper was this cute snowman along with the song lyric "Soon it will be Christmas day." Oh joy!

The girls got this quote and challenge from me along with some wine gum candy.

"From every scrap you make a blanket."
Rose Chernin

Oh how wonderful a blanket feels to someone who is cold. From every scrap of experience in your life make a blanket and bring warmth to those around you. Don't "whine" about the annoying bits and pieces of today. Take each scrap and make a blanket.

No comments: