Saturday, December 17, 2005

Crazy or Lazy?

What kind of a day did you have – crazy or lazy? We spent a rather lazy afternoon at home making Christmas candy today and it was fun. AC made Breton Brittle and I made fudge. His recipe went smoothly, but I ran into trouble with mine. Half way through the process with the first batch, I switched from the new microwave method to the stove and I don't think that batch is setting properly. I made a second batch on the stove using the old tried and true method from start to finish and I am just waiting for it to cool so I can beat it before putting it into the pan to harden. Yes, our day was mostly lazy with a bit of crazy thrown in. I am sure the stores were crazy, crazy, crazy today too, but we didn't go anywhere near them. Yahoo!

After a nice sleep in this morning we opened the Advent calendars and then dawdled over breakfast. MMMM, such a nice way to start the day.



I was treated to another Pot of Gold box of chocolates and the girls got Christmas balls and this quote and note.

"The externals are simply so many props; everything we need is within us."
Etty Hillesum

During this time of the year when we are bombarded with advertisements telling us we need this or that to make our lives complete,take time to remember that all we really need is within us.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I had a crazy and lazy day, how's that?

Crazy with my 3 year old and Hubba-hubba leaving early for work.

Then when 3 year old went to bed, nothing but absolute laziness.

:)