Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Coming and Going




This day greeted us with a warm and sunny embrace, so we set off mid-morning for a ride on our bikes. We clocked 82k's! Wow! That's pretty amazing for these old geezers huh? We are a tad knackered right now, but it is a nice knackered. The weatherman said the winds would be 5-10 km/h but I think he lied. They felt more like 20km/h there and back. Don't know how that happens, but we were pedalling into the wind BOTH ways. Sheesh! Oh well, we had a blast and that is all that matters.

Now it is time to clean up the bikes, do some last minute tidying up in the garden, pack up the suitcases, and head off on our holiday.

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find resources of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
Rachel Carlson

There is a beauty in each phase of life isn't there? We should enjoy what is, while it is and embrace the next stage with all its beauty when it gets here. I hope you take time to contemplate the beauty all around you no matter what stage of life you are in right now- the fresh dewey yellow or the delicate fluffy white.

6 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Another lovely dandelion pic :-)

Have a great trip! I expect to be in Ottawa too in a few weeks, but probably after you're gone.

Yes, there is beauty everywhere. Tonight I went for a bike ride with the kids, and when I smelled lilacs, I thought of you :-)

Cuppa said...

Oh I love that. I think of you and your dad each time I see a dandelion now so it is neat that the fragrance of lilacs makes you think of me. I love it!

Melodee said...

You are an inspiration! Have a great trip! :)

k8 said...

the girls love blowing these. what a new way to look at them!

Iona said...

82 KM?! Jees.... wow.
Nice picture!
Enjoy your holiday! What happened to that summer stop you were planning? I think I missed something....

Gina said...

Ack, I missed you! You were gone before I couldl say goodbye. I hope that you and AC have a grand time.