Friday, May 20, 2005

The Baton

I have been tagged by Anvilcloud to take this baton and run with it. Tonight when we went out for our after dinner walk he was making fun of the way I used to run on the tennis court. So, maybe I will waltz with it awhile instead of trying to run with it!!

01. Total volume of music files on my computer?
Zero! Nope, not a single song. I use my laptop for writing and checking email and that is about it.

02. The last CD I bought was?
The last CD I bought was just a few days ago: Theresa Sokyrka's, These Old Charms. Hmmmmm, that sounds familiar doesn't it? Theresa has a delightful, slightly husky voice that is a pleasure to listen to. She was my number one choice for Canadian Idol last year even though she came in second.

03. Song playing right now.
Nothing right now. Theresa was playing in the family room this afternoon, while I unpacked boxes in the kitchen, and Sarah Brightman is in the CD player up here in my studio. If I have music on in the background while I am writing it is usually instrumental or something soft like Sarah Harmer or Enya. The CD's sitting on the top of that listening pile right now are – Vivaldi – The Four Seasons; Glenn Gould – At the Cinema; Lord of the Rings – The Return of the King and Lord of the Rings – The Fellowship of the Ring.

04. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order)

Pie Jesu – Sarah Brightman singing this song stops me in my tracks each time I hear it and brings tears to my eyes.

Into the West – Annie Lennox – If you have the extended version of Lord of the Rings you must watch the tribute to Duncan Cameron at the end of the last CD in the set. His story helped inspire this song.

Old Time Rock and Roll – Bob Seger – I can't say that I have listened to this song a lot lately, but it is one of my favorites. As soon as I hear the first few notes I just want to get up and move and sing along at the top of my lungs.

You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban – Butterfly chose this song for the father/daughter dance at her wedding last year, and it gives me goose bumps every time I listen to it now. Brings back all the memories of that wonderful day.

To Where you Are - Josh Groban – this song brings such comfort to a grieving heart. Our loved ones who have passed really are just a breath away.

05. Which 5 people are you passing this baton to, and why.

Gina, Heather, Lynn, Dale, and Iona ! These are just the names that popped into my head right now. Take it and have fun with it guys.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Baton has been handed successfully! Thanks, Cuppa! This looks like a fun one.

Lynn said...

Golly, you are making me think.

Norma said...

Here's another one. You've been tagged.

Dale said...

I'll take up the baton tomorrow, Cuppa. I'm knackered tonight. Thanks for thinking of me.

Cuppa said...

Way to go guys. Thanks for tightening up the old runners and having fun with this one. Dale - put down those scissors!

Ok Norma, after I have had a breather I will go check that one out! Puff, pant, gasp!

Heather Plett said...

Okay...pant, pant... I'll take that baton and run with it...just let me catch my breath...