Tuesday, January 11, 2005

January Contemplation

January can seem so dark and dull after all the bright festivities of December can’t it? I used to dread January, but not any more. It is on the relaxin' side of the holiday season, and I love this part of it. All the work and preparation leading up to Christmas is behind me, but the warm glow of time spent with family and friends is still all around me. I can wrap myself in this warm blanket of memories and snuggle down deep into the comfort and joy of if for the rest of the winter. Mmmm, absolutely wonderful!

The long dark evenings of January make for quiet contemplation and goal setting and that is exactly what I do. This first month of the year, with its snowy landscapes, stretches out in front of me like a clean white page, and I am urged to dream my dreams and write them down.

The book of my life for 2005 is fresh and new with no mistakes in it yet, and I can direct my story to go wherever I want it to. Oh the exciting possibilities this New Year holds. What direction will I go in? Where will I find the courage and strength I need to follow my dreams? I know it is somewhere deep within myself, but I must dig deep to find it. I will take life a day at a time and while I am alive I will live.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dream your dreams, dig down for that strength within and then reach for the stars as you set about to live your dreams this year.

No comments: