Friday, April 01, 2005

Better late than never!

Ahh, here she is. A day late, but that is ok, at least she is making an appearance. The gentle lamb toddled into my world this morning and her bleating could be heard loud and clear on the quiet calm air. The lion might be rambling and roaring somewhere off in the distance, but for this morning, the lamb rules here in my corner of the world.

I hope the gentle lamb visits your corner of the universe today too and you enjoy some sunshine and warm breezes. Mmmmmm, don’t you just love the first touch of spring? I think this might be a day to head out for a spin on the bikes. Yahoo.

Have a great weekend. Talk to you all later.

2 comments:

A said...

Nice blog! I don't think I've heard the phrase about the lamb and the lion before, I assume the lion is a storm and the lamb is sunshine? Is this a really familiar phrase that I somehow missed all these years?? Sheesh! Have a great bike ride! (I say "Yahoo" a lot too!!) :-)

Cuppa said...

Hi Allison
Thanks for stopping by to say hello.

AC and I did have a nice bike ride out to the wetlands this afternoon even if it was a tad windier than we thought it would be. I think the lion was lurking in the tall grass out there.

I am not sure where the phrase came from, but I have always heard that if March comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb. Well, March in our little corner of the world came in like a mighty roaring lion with snow and wind and freezing rain. Yuck. Seeing as it came in with such a roar I waited expectantly for the lamb to show up at the end of the month. No such luck yesterday, the lion was still on the prowl, and kicking up a real fuss. He was quiet today though and the lamb was able to show his little face and treat us to a calm quiet gentle day.