Thursday, March 31, 2005

Couldn’t hear it today

I awoke this morning to the sound of the wind howling around the house. Windows rattled and gates creaked, drowning out any of the faint sound I was waiting for today. I listened for it all day too, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t pick up even a hint of it. I am sure you were listening for it in your corner of the world too.

The clouds rolled in and the clouds rolled out, and the winds grew stronger and stronger as the day progressed, but not a drop of rain fell and not a peep was heard from the woolly creature.

All I had ringing in my ears today was the roar of the lion and the thwap and thud of his furry paw as he swatted the house. I had to go out to an appointment this afternoon and as soon as I poked my head out the door he pounced on me and gave my head a ferocious whack with his paw. Yikes what a number he did on my hairdo. Sigh! Talk about Pumpkinhead!

So, no bleating of the lamb was heard today only the roar of the lion. Maybe tomorrow the tame little guy will show up. We can always hope.

No comments: