Saturday, March 12, 2005

And so it continues…

I woke up a little after 7 this morning and listened for the bird that visited my window yesterday. Nope, he wasn’t there today. Not a chirp or a peep to be heard, no matter how intensely I listened for it. I rolled out of bed and was shocked to look out the window and see old man winter stomping his feet again and dumping tons of the white stuff on us. Yikes! And when I say tons, I mean tons. We don’t just have a light dusting of snow, we have a thick blanket of it on everything. Now, I absolutely love a snow-storm when we are up at Riverwood in January and February and even March, but not when we are here in the city. Up north, the snow turns the world into a magic place and we can get out and snowshoe through the beauty of it in the woods, the neighbour comes to plough out the drive so we don’t have to shovel an inch of it, and the snow stays white and clean and beautiful. Not so down here in the city. Sigh! This is March 12th isn’t it? What is going on? I wanted all this white stuff in January up and Riverwood. Not here in the city in March.

Oh well, enough complaining. The snow is pretty and I don’t have go out and drive in it today, so I will enjoy the beauty of it even if I can’t see the pine trees and open fields of Riverwood.

We have company coming for dinner tonight, so we will be able to enjoy visiting over steaming mugs of something yummy, while we sit around the fireplace warming our toes on this wintry evening. MMMMM, that sounds great doesn’t it? Yes, I will enjoy this snowstorm too.

Oh, there goes the doorbell…I’ll be right back. Glory be, my angels in yellow coats paid me a visit again and they are now busy shovelling us out. Yahoo! Being in the city during a snowstorm does have its good points after all. Angels in yellow coats have a chance to visit and bring joy. That is a good thing.

I hope you have something warm and cozy to do today and you enjoy the snow too. Maybe even get a visit from angels wearing coats of many different colours. Keep your eyes open for them, they are all around you.

Take care and enjoy your day

Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day- is as good as any moment in all eternity. I shall make of this day - each moment of this day - a heaven on earth. This is my day of opportunity.
Dan Custer

No comments: