Saturday, October 23, 2004

Algonquin Adventure

I had a lesson today on how to put pictures on Hello and then transport them to my blog. It seems rather complicated and I am sure that I will have to be walked through the process a few more times before I can do it on my own, but, I got these pictures there (on Hello) and now here, so thought I would write a few lines to go with these pics of our trip to Algonquin Park on Monday.

Sunshine and cool air were the perfect companions to the coloured leaves and made for a wonderful day to drive to the park, through the park, hike along rugged trails in the park, stand on rock cliffs at the end of the trail and let our eyes drink in magnificent vistas of the park and take pictures, pictures, pictures. A most wonderful day indeed.

Speaking of wonderful things, I think digital cameras are right up there near the top of the “wonderful things” list. I got a small Digital Elph for Mother’s Day two years ago and I absolutely love that camera. It is tiny enough to tuck it in a pocket and take it with me wherever I go, and I do. I snap pictures with abandon all the time and it is common for me to come home from a simple walk in the park and have 60 or 70 pictures to download. Needless to say, I took quite a few on Monday. On an ordinary trip I might only keep 5 or 10 pics from the photo shoot that day, but Monday we kept a lot more than that. When we got back to the farmhouse we looked at them on the computer and then AC cleared the card and I was ready to go again the next day on our walks around the farm. I never (well, hardly ever) leave home without my camera.

My family usually groans when I come out with the camera at every event and snap away, but they love to get the collage pages of pictures AC makes from my kazillion snapshots. We don’t like just having them on disc or in the computer. We like to print them up and put them in an album. AC is faithful at sorting through the pictures, grouping some of the best ones and printing them out for me. He does 8x10 collages and they are fabulous. I pick up the albums over and over again and re-live the joy of the moment as I leaf through the pages.

Well, this is a very short blog, but I must run now. We are expecting more company to arrive tonight and stay for the weekend, so the laptop will be packed away and blogging will have to take a rest. We will be busy drinking tea and chatting into the wee small hours of the morning, then rising late the next day to walk the trails around the farm and then more tea and visiting late into the night. Hope you all have a good weekend too.

Talk to you all next week.

No comments: