Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Time on the deck

We enjoyed a sunny but cool day yesterday, and the Smudge and I spent lots out time out on the deck. I needed to soak some of the warm rays into the core of my being, and I think Smudge did too.

When we arrived at the Sha's in the morning we discovered that Smudge had been up since 4am and both she and mommy were more than a little tired. Oh dear, when babies are cutting teeth everyone's sleep is disturbed. We don't have babies cutting teeth at our house, but this cough is making sleep a tad difficult for me these days, so Smudge and I took our weary bodies out into the sunshine. I sat with my feet up, and a cup of hot lemon and honey in my hand while Smudge crawled around investigating nooks and crannies on the deck. A good time was had by all.



At one point during the morning she picked up this toy phone to play with and I told her to call Mommy to see how her days was going. I was quite surprised to see her put the phone to her ear. That was the first time I had seen her do that. What an amazingly smart little girl!

No comments: