Friday, February 22, 2008

Coffee with the girls

We had a coffee date in the city yesterday, so winter duds were donned and we set off for a fun day. Once again Grandma did back-seat duty, so she just had to take a picture or two. Cute huh?
Once we got to the mall, winter gear was stowed in the stroller and we strolled free of coats and boots. Yahoo! Smudge squealed with delight and greeted people with an enthusiastic "eeeiiiiiiyyyyyeeeeiiiii" The greeting sure got some shocked looks from people followed by smiles. It was a very entertaining walk through the mall I must say.

After we checked out the first floor of stores we stopped for some refreshment, and then set off to inspect the other two floors. It was fun to bring some squeals of joy to those shoppers too.
All in all it was a great way to spend a dull February afternoon. We did lots of window shopping, got some ideas for outfits for the wedding in August and found a kazillion things at Winners we would love to buy, but only bought two! Isn't Winners the best stores?

Well, I must run now. Will talk to you all later. Have a good day and a great weekend.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

You're so blessed, Cuppa. She is such a dolly.

I love your snow pictures. I've never tried snow shoes. I'm pretty impressed that you can manage them!

The sun was strong today. Think Spring! Hopefully those snow piles along your driveway are slipping away.

Mary said...

Sauntie,

I can hardly keep up with all of these posts of yours! You're the blogging queen now! I loved all of the posts with Smudge and Riverwood shots!

Glad to hear all is well.

Miss you!

Cuppa said...

Cathy - She is a dolly isn't she. I feel blessed every day to live so close to her and be a part of her growing up. What a joy.

I thought snowshoeing would be hard, but it is really very easy. I love it.

We are enjoying a bright sunny day here too, but it is VERY cold! Snow is still as high as a flag in July, but the hope of Spring is in the air.

Marmalade - Dancin' Queen and now Bloggin' Queen! What next?

I know that others might be getting tired of Smudge pics, but I know that you guys love 'em and Montreal and Vancouver check in every day too, so I will keep 'em coming.

Hope you are having a blast in Korea and each day is full of new and wonderful adventure.

Love and hugs Sauntie