Friday, December 22, 2006

Peace

The Lion and the Lamb

Whilst I was shopping with Butterfly last month this delightful duo caught my eye, and I fell in love with them. They made me smile just to look them, and portrayed peace so beautifully I was tempted to buy them for myself, but I was Christmas shopping for others, so dutifully put this cute pair back on the shelf. Sigh.

What a nice surprise it was to find them all wrapped up and waiting for me under the Christmas tree this past weekend. Thank you Butterfly!

I long for a time when enemies around the world will become friends and wars will end. Will there ever be a time when the lion will lie down with the lamb? I hope so.

I wish you all, dear blog friends, Peace during this holiday season and for the year to come.

5 comments:

methatiam said...

And may the coming year grant you contentment, which is longer lasting and more deeply fulfilling than joy.

"The laughter of a man is the contentment of God. " - John Weiss


(Merry Christmas to you and your family - even AC!)

Gina said...

I agree.

Merry Christmas to you and all of your family, including that little growing grandbaby!

Cathy said...

How precious - how delightful - what a wonderful gift. Merry Christmas Cuppa and the Happiest of New Years. Your wish for peace is echoed througout this tired, yet hopeful world.

Cuppa said...

methatiam - Thank you and a very Merry Christmas to you and Chelsea too.

Gina - Thank you for your Christmas wishes and the most delightful card that arrived this week. Mr. P is certainly growing up.

Cathy- Sending seasons greetings and warm wishes across the miles to you. Safe travels dear blog friend.

luna pie said...

Happy happy christmas auntie! Thanks so much for the card and letter, I recieved it just in time!

with love...