Tuesday, January 31, 2006

More here than there, but going there soon...I hope

It has been over two weeks since I last posted something, but it hasn't been because I haven't tried. January doldrums set in when we had to cancel yet another trip to Riverwood because of rain, and any creative thoughts I might have had in my head seemed to melt away with each raindrop that fell. I started a few blogs, but let them die a merciful death and didn't even attempt to post them – dull, dull, dull.

When words wouldn't gather in any sort of fashion on the page, I busied myself crocheting a new afghan to curl up in on cold winter afternoons, and when I tired of that, I ran away into a good book. And so it is that I reached the end of rainy January and now I have great hopes that February will be cold and snowy.

We actually had snow today instead of rain, so things are looking up. We have tentative plans to leave at the end of the week for our snow holiday, so I am starting to gather things and make ready for the trip. Yahoo!

AC and I splurged on an extra large Café Mocha this morning and took it to the park by the water. We sat silently in the warm car sipping our delicious chocolaty coffee while our eyes drank in the beauty of winter all around us. I turned to AC and said "this is like a vitamin pill for my soul". He nodded his head in agreement and we continued to sit there in silence, while we gulped down a big dose of this winter tonic. MMMMM good.

Here, take two "teaspoons full" and wash them down with a cup of hot chocolate and see if you don’t feel better too.




Wherever you are today – here, there or somewhere in-between – I hope you are treated to some of nature's "winter tonic" and it lifts your spirits too.

Open your eyes and drink deeply.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

As you have the snow, our red buds are blooming, japanese magnolias are also. Narcissus are blooming too.

Your winter scene pictures are beautiful. Perhaps one day I will get to actually see one like that when it is not a photo.

Gina said...

Hi Cuppa, I was just thinking about you. Crossing my fingers that you will get to go on your long-postponed trip!

Iona said...

I can almost picture you sittng there, sipping your chocolate coffee, enjoying that nice scenery. I would definitely also consider that as vitamins for my soul. Well put! Thanks for the inspirational pictures.

Iona said...

By the way, how's Butterfly doing? She's not posting very much anymore. I hope all is okay...

Norma said...

These are lovely photos. I smiled when I read about your drinking your mochas in the car. We parked outside a superstore last week to run in for an item and saw a couple eating their McDonald's lunch inside the car in the parking lot. Didn't seem as restful or as romantic as your description. But maybe I missed something.