Thursday, November 24, 2005

Snowy Walk

Ah, the first real snowfall of the year happened in our corner of the country today and AC and I enjoyed this initial shaking out of the white blanket around our new home.

We watched the fluffly white stuff fall for most of the morning, from the vantage point of our cozy house, but after lunch we bundled up and headed out into the great outdoors to join the party. There was lots of snow on the ground and plenty more big fluffy flakes kept falling during our whole walk. What fun to feel like we were walking in a snow-globe.

The trees along the walking path in the woods near our house were getting all decked out in their pretty white party dresses and we wanted to be the first to see the fashion show.


Pretty Dresses huh?


There is nothing quite like the beauty of a walk in the woods after a fresh snowfall. Positively Magical!



Wherever you find yourself today and whatever the weather, I hope you take some time to step outside and enjoy it. Go ahead, act like a kid again and maybe even catch a snowflake or two on your tongue. MMMM delicious.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Great picture. I'm still not ready for snow though.

Heather Plett said...

Lovely pics. We've had snow on the ground for a week now, so I guess we're settling in for the long haul.

Cuppa said...

Lynn - Thanks. Yes I know it is a bit early for the white stuff, but I do love it.

Heather - we are getting rain tomorrow so I think ours will all disappear, but it was such a nice treat this week. I enjoyed it while we had it and will look forward to more.

Cathy said...

Enjoying your blog - snow.... I would love to catch a snowflake with my tongue.. living in South Georgia makes it tough

Almost 50 and never have been in snow...