Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Celebration Time

The last box has been unpacked, and I am still standing. Not quite sure how sane I am, but the move is now behind me, and I am almost feeling human again. Yes, it is indeed celebration time. My brain is still feeling dull and clogged with cardboard fumes, but I wanted to try to put a couple of words together to at least say hello and let you know that I am still here.

I sat down to write a couple of times last week, but I just couldn't stop my head from spinning long enough to put two thoughts together. I decided it would just be easier to keep going with the unpacking until it was done and then write when that huge task wasn't hanging over my head any longer. Well, I crossed that line this weekend, and the boxes are now history. Start the music and let the celebrations begin.

So much has happened during the last month that I don't know where to begin to tell you about it, so I won't even try in this post. I will just let all the events bubble to surface of my mind over the next little while and share the bits and pieces with you as they come back to me.

I must tell you that we got out for our first bike ride yesterday and it was grand and glorious indeed. AC's back is getting better with each passing day, and yesterday he thought it was good enough for a short test ride on the bikes so we did just that. We only did 10k's, but that was more than enough for our first ride. The sun was shining, the air just the right temperature and the winds light. Ahhh, just perfect for a ride.




We biked along the path by the river and then stopped in the centre of town to take pictures. I drank in the beauty of the magnificent old Town Hall building in the heart of downtown, and then moved on down river and let my heart sway to the music of the water cascading over the falls near an old mill. Oh it was so good to get away from the inside of the house and the unpacking and get back to the great outdoors again. It was just what my heart and soul needed.

On our way home we stopped at the entrance to a new bike trail we want to explore on our next outing. As we stood talking about our plans to ride the trail, we heard the sound of geese overhead. We looked up and I am not exaggerating when I say that hundreds, maybe even thousands of geese flew over. V after V after V of geese winged and honked right over our heads. They came in waves and it was absolutely thrilling. After the beauty of the ride that day, the sight of the geese overhead was like the grand finale; the fireworks at the end of the show. It took my breath away.




I waved and shouted greetings to the geese as they flew by and I felt like my heart was soaring with them. Here I was in my new home after flying across country with all my possessions, and these wonders of nature greeted me here on my first bike ride. How wonderful. I wished them a safe journey; beauty all along the way and a warm cozy nest at the end of their trip, for that is exactly what I had just experience and my heart was full of joy as I saw my journey reflected in nature. I then got on my bike and pedalled home to my warm cozy nest to make a cup of tea and settle down with a good book for the afternoon. Pure luxury indeed.

Today it is too windy to go for a bike ride, but maybe a walk is in order. The sky is blue and dotted with clouds, and the air is warm. Yes I think a walk in the park will be just the ticket. I hope you get outside to enjoy this marvellous day too and discover joy reflected back to you in all sorts of unique ways.

Talk to you all later.

9 comments:

methatiam said...

... And even the spammers missed you!

It's good to have you back, you were missed.

Heather Plett said...

Welcome back!!! I've missed you too! Lovely post - so glad to hear you've settled in and feel happy about the transition.

I'll be flying over your heads this weekend - headed for Halifax. You can wave at me just like you waved at the geese :-) Hope the weather's nice out there too!

Dale said...

Oh Cuppa! Welcome back, and welcome home. I have missed you. I really enjoyed this post.

Melodee said...

I'm so happy to hear you are settled into your new home! I've missed you.

Cuppa said...

Thanks Guys. It is nice to know that I have been missed.

It is soooo good to be back and getting into a routine again. I spent a lot of time today catching up on reading your blogs and I had a great time. Lots more to go too.

Gina said...

That building is so wonderful! And the birds, as well.

Glad to have you back, Cuppa! And so wonderful to hear that everything is chugging along great!

Iona said...

Glad you're okay and that the move is now behind you so you can enjoy the simple pleasures in life, like bike rides! Nice pictures! I like the building.

Lynn said...

Good to see you back.

karla said...

Welcome back Cuppa. It's so wonderful to hear from you again. I'm glad to hear you are unpacked and back to being human. :)

I hope you are settling in well to your new home. I can't wait to hear more about it.