Friday, May 21, 2004

Be it ever so humble....

We are back home from our anniversary trip to Niagara Falls and even though it was a wonderful trip I am once again glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. How true that old saying is. I think the Sheraton has a commercial on TV right now about their wonderful beds, but my own is still the nicest one in "the world" and I am sure that is the same for everyone.

We had a room with a spectacular view overlooking the falls and I felt like I wanted to sleep with my eyes open so I could look at the view all night. Seemed like such a waste of time to sleep!!! We did have nice weather - not a lot of sun, but at least it didn't rain - so we were able to walk along the falls and do other sight seeing things in comfort. We stayed away from the main drag in the town, but we did enjoy a drive to Niagara- on-the Lake, a wine tour, a visit to the butterfly conservatory and walks through the fabulous gardens all along the parkway.

What a treat to splurge on such a nice hotel in grand and glorious Niagara Falls, but, this morning I sat in my own family room and looked out over my quiet little garden. What a feast that was for my eyes too. I didn't hear the roar of the falling water, or see the rising plume of mist, but I did hear birds chirping in the linden tree and see beautiful forget-me-nots from grandpa's garden blooming in each corner of my yard. What could be more spectacular than this?

Be it ever so humble. There's no place like home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a righteous babe you are!

Seriously, good stuff.

The Raindrop Kid