Monday, April 15, 2013

The big event

Danica turns six this year, and asked if she could get her ears pierced for her birthday present.   Mommy and Daddy said yes, so an appointment was made for Saturday, and Amma was invited to go along to witness the big event. 
First step - numbing cream is applied to her ears.  Then we have to sit and wait for 25 minutes for the cream to take full effect.
During the wait time we get to pick out a pair of earrings.  Danica chose little hearts with diamond centers.
Then she sat back and relaxed with a good book.

Finally it was time for the action to begin.  She was taken back to the ear piercing area and asked to take a seat.
She listened intently to the explanation of the steps in the procedure. 
Then sat quietly while the technician cleaned  her ears...
...and marked the spot for the earring.
OK, time for the first piercing.

Is it going to hurt?
All done, and it didn't hurt a bit.

Time to pose for a picture...
...Listen to instructions on how to care for her ears...

...and then a chose a treasure from the Treasure Chest.

4 comments:

MARY G said...

She was amazing! Well done, Danica. And the ears look great.
I resisted a lot when my daughters wanted theirs done, around age 11 and 12. I said they had to be 16.
So - the elder daughter pierced her own ears with a needle and an ice cube and put safety pins in to hold the holes open.
Score, ED 1, mother 0.
When the messy holes healed up, she got them done properly.
Kids!!!!!!!

KGMom said...

Oh, such a serious face.
I must have been an especially tough mom--because I refused my daughter permission until she was at least 16. Sometimes I would tell her she could get her ears pierced when I got mine done (I am still pierceless).
Now that my daughter is a mother of a baby daughter it will be interesting to see how she handles the "Mom, can I get my ears pierced?" request.

Hilary said...

What a trooper. She doesn't do anything without her full heart and soul in it, does she?

I never realized you had a blog of your own. You and AC sure are the blogging pair. :)

Cuppa said...

Mary - Ouch - needles, safety pins?? Sheesh, kids do give you grey hairs don't they?

KGMom - I don't remember when my girls asked to have their ears pierced, sometime in grade school I think. I didn't get mine done until I was an adult, and that was a big deal for me.

Hilary - What a treat to get 3 comments today. I don't usually get any. My blog is mainly used to post pictures for Grandmama who lives in Montreal. I try to post pictures for her to enjoy everyday with her morning coffee. If I was the out-of-town grandma I would want someone to do that for me, so I do it for her.
I am always glad when someone else joins us for the fun, and enjoys the pictures too.
Drop by again for a visit anytime, and enjoy a cup of tea with me.