Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dale William Petersen - In Memory

For Laurie over at Don't MAKE Me Get My Flying Monkeys.

Just got the news that Dale passed, and my heart aches for you my dear blog friend.
We know there are no words to take away your pain, but we wanted you to know that we care and are thinking of you.

Love AC and Cuppa

“...What is it to cease breathing,
but to free the breath from its restless tides,
that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence
shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top,
then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs,
then shall you truly dance.”


Kahlil Gibran

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Cuppa - like you and AC, I've found Dale's death so moving - so really heart-breaking. Laurie and Wolf were so brave - so steadfast in their caring. I imagine they both are going to have a struggle for the next while or so and this lovely post and perfect poem will help buoy them. It did, me.

Cuppa said...

Cathy - it is heartbreaking isn't it? I felt so sure that Dale was going to beat this infection. He had such a positive attitude and amazing circle of support around him.

dmmgmfm said...

Thank you for the lovely post, Cuppa. It means so much to all of us.